Page Tabs

Sunday, July 6, 2014

DW - Another ZoR Sketch

Today, I worked on another sketch of ZoR, one of my Dungeon World PCs from the floating city of Aetheron. It's supposed to be a WIP, but I'll probably just treat it like another drawing exercise. One of the other players in the PbP game mentioned how the previous poses seemed too graceful for ZoR, which I agreed with, so I tried to tone that down a bit, but now this pose isn't dynamic enough.

There are other bits I'm not too happy with either. The arm holding the sword seems off, and I want to play around with other hairstyles to make Zornosh and Raz more distinct, even though they're supposed to be twin heads.

I also don't have a lot of experience drawing chainmail armor, especially one that's supposed to be elven-made. I've been looking up references, which have helped, but it still needs work. I think I'll spend a day on armor studies real soon.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with how ZoR's turning out. You can be sure to see a lot more drawings of this character in the near future. Once I nail down the right pose, features, and setting, it'll be well on its way to a nice, illustrated piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment