Page Tabs

Saturday, July 12, 2014

ADP (226) - Blu Brothers Art

I realize I haven't posted anything here in four days, but I actually have been working on #dailycreative exercises and sharing them on G+. Since they all revolve around the same two characters, I thought I'd save them all for one blog post.

Meet the Blu Brothers. They're a pair of gnome mechanics and NPCs from an Adventures on Dungeon Planet PbP I run over on GotEXP called 226. Ni'blu is the livelier, rad, optimistic younger brother, while Al'blu is a pessimistic old grouch. Together, they own and operate Blu Brothers' Gizmos, a ship/droid repair business that also sells parts.

In the PbP game, the PCs are currently on a mission to retrieve a cache of ship parts that were stolen from the Blu Brothers by Jaxx and his crew - Grenba Orkos or Emerald Orcs (basically space orcs). In exchange, the PCs hope to get the parts they need to fix their broken ship. 

It's been an exciting adventure so far. The PCs are getting ready to lay a trap for Jaxx and his goons, so they're the next set of NPCs I want to illustrate. Most of them are cyborgs, so that should be really fun to draw. 

Here are the Blu Brothers. Ni'blu is the one with the bandana and wearing goggles, while Al'blu is wearing the hat.



07.09.14





07.10.14





07.11.14


I'm quite happy with how the character designs are turning out. Hopefully, I'll get an inked version of Ni'blu up tonight with color next to Al'blu. I'll make sure to update this page with the new image.


UPDATE (07.13.14)

After watching the new Dr. Who/Capaldi trailer today and completely geeking out over it, I had an idea for a very silly illustration. It also gave me a chance to practice three-point perspective. 

Here's my #dailycreative for Sunday. Comments and critiques are appreciated. I'm not sure if the space gnomes are too small in comparison to the Dalek or not.

I definitely want to finish inking and coloring this piece. I think it'll turn out to be a good one.






UPDATE (07.15.14)

I'm still working on this piece, but I got Ni'blu, the younger gnome brother (right) inked, and I changed Al'blu's expression to better fit the scene. I thought he should be freaking out more at the sight of an almost human-sized Dalek. Now I just need to re-ink the Dalek and add color! I'll keep updating this post.




No comments:

Post a Comment